சனி, 26 பிப்ரவரி, 2011

Asparagus Pachai poriyal (Asparagus stir Fry)



Many of my readers will be wondering how I managed to get Asparagus in India. Yes,this is a new veg for me,which I saw in a Korean store H mart in DC. I am in US now eagerly waiting for the arrival of my first grandchild. Till the bundle of joy arrives, I thought of experimenting some from the variety of new vegetables available here.I tried quite a few. The most easiest and tastiest was this Asparagus fry. Many will be thinking why I call this pachai poriyal. We usually call a fry Pachai, if no chili powder is used and is cooked little less. Some of the facts that I found from the net about this vegetable is
Asparagus is a nutrient-dense food which in high in Folic Acid and is a good source of potassium, fiber, vitamin B6, vitamins A and C, and thiamin.
Asparagus has No Fat, contains No Cholesterol and is low in Sodium.


Ingredients
Asparagus-2 bunches
Big onion-1(minced)
pepper powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1/2 teaspoon
lemon juice-1 teaspoon
Procedure
Take off the bottom and top 1 inch portion from the asparagus. Cut it as shown in the picture. Mix the lemon juice, pepper powder, turmeric powder and the salt needed and keep aside for 10 minutes. Keep the kadai in the stove. Season the fry with a teaspoon of cumin seed and saute the onion for few minutes. Now add the asparagus and mix well. Don't add any water. Cook just for 5 minutes (till the water in the fry is gone).

கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

கருத்துரையிடுக